This Sunday – September 15th – the Porsche Club of America Los Angeles Region holds their 58th annual Concours d’Elegance. In years past we’ve enjoyed a myriad of vintage and modern-day Porches on display at the Santa Monica Museum of Flying.
A display of nearly 100 vintage and modern-day Porsche vehicles, along with their owners, will celebrate the history of the marque at the Porsche Club of America Los Angeles Region’s 58th annual Concours d’Elegance, this Sunday, September 15th at the Santa Monica Museum of Flying, (3100 Airport Ave, Santa Monica, CA 90405). The Southern California-based event has become a staple for the car club, and for the fifth time at the Museum will offer fans, Porsche owners and general car enthusiasts, the chance to enjoy a piece of history while sharing a near six-decade love affair of the globally renowned vehicle.
No other brand spans the generations and the globe
According to Mariana Small, president of the Porsche Club of America Los Angeles Region, no other brand spans the generations and the globe in such a unified way. “For enthusiasts, the Porsche brand has always been synonymous with passion and inspiration in a way no other competitor comes close,” said Small. “As part of the largest car club in the world, those dedicated to the brand are lovers of the vehicle as much behind the wheel as those simply admiring its curves, shapes and harmonious engine sounds – whether old or new, Porsches are distinctive and always promote sheer pleasure.”
Sunday’s event will recognize members and non-members vying to win the award for ‘best-prepared and maintained Porsche,’ along with award distinction within seven separate divisions including Full Concours, Street, Übergang, Ganz Übergang, Unrestored, Wash & Shine, and Special Categories. There is also a Display Division for those not competing but wanting to showcase their Porsche.
Celebrating the 20th anniversary of the 911 GT3
In addition to the annual Concours, there will be a special display celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Porsche 911 GT3, an iconic model that brought racetrack agility to the road and endless smiles to local drivers who enjoy the thrill of Southern California’s canyons and beyond. Nearly two dozen GT3 models are expected to be on display from the 996, 997 and 991 generations.
- Vintage Porsche highpoints will range from a 1956 speedster; 1960 Cabriolet; 1963 B-T6 Coupe; 1965 911 coupe to a 1968 911S Targa Sportomatic
- Vehicle exteriors will include original Porsche colors such as Guards Red, Speed Yellow, Arctic Silver, Viper Green and Minerva Blue
- Petrolicious Social Media Contest — enter to win a lifetime Petrolicious membership (value of $600) — includes unlimited access to series and special features, quarterly magazine, invitation to special events, a limited-edition Founding level PCA-exclusive membership badge, merchandise, and more!
- Technical presentation of the Porsche 992 by Tony Callas, technical director for PCA National and Owner/CEO of Callas Rennsport
- Raffle drawing with proceeds benefitting the Museum of Flying – a 501(c ) (3) – with a mission to preserve and present the history of aviation as it relates to California. Individual Raffle tickets will be $5/each or 5 tickets for $20.
- Food for purchase by www.thegrilledcheesetruck.com and www.vanleeuwenicecream.com
- Sponsors to include: Beverly Hills Porsche, Pirelli P Zero World, Bisimoto Engineering, Callas Rennsport, The Carrus House: An Auto-themed Event Venue, Eargasm Earplugs, Eli’s Collision Repair, EspoResto, Hagerty Insurance, HOUSE Automotive, Hunziker Design, International AERO Products, LA Dismantler, Pelican Parts, Porsche U.S., Porsche Design, Rennwerkstatt, StickerCity
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
7:30 a.m. Concours & Display Participant Arrival
9:00 a.m. Opening
10:00 a.m. Judges’ Meeting
10:00 a.m. Unveiling of the Porsche 992
10:30 a.m. Judging Begins
11:00 a.m. Lunch Service Begins/Technical Presentation of the Porsche 992
1:00 p.m. Judging Concludes
2:00 p.m. Awards Ceremony & Raffle Drawing; Lunch Service Concludes
4:00 p.m. Event Closes
To learn more about upcoming events, please visit: https://www.pcalosangeles.com/events