Petersen Automotive Museum Will Now Stream Vault Tours for Free
Published on Tue, Mar 24, 2020
By: The LACar Editorial Staff
The Petersen continues to endure its temporary closure and will now offer free tours of incredibly rare cars deep in the Vault.
While we all practice social distancing during the spread of COVID-19, boredom has surely kicked in. Luckily, the Petersen Museum will save us from staring at our walls for too long. The Petersen now offers hour-long tours of their Vault presented by Hagerty®. Led by Collection Manager Dana Williamson, each hour-long digital tour will cover different themes of the Vault.
“Free Vault tours offer enthusiasts around the world an opportunity to enjoy our collection from the comfort of home,” said Petersen Executive Director Terry L. Karges. “These are tough times, but we are happy to give back to the community and fellow enthusiasts by providing a source of entertainment and education.”
The lineup of tours is comprised of:
- Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 2 p.m. PST – Hollywood Themed
- Friday, March 27, 2020 at 11 a.m. PST – Performance Themed
- Saturday, March 28, 2020 at 11 a.m. PST – Full Tour
- Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 2 p.m. PST – Presidential Themed
- Friday, April 3, 2020 at 11 a.m. PST – Pre-War Themed
- Saturday, April 4, 2020 at 11 a.m. PST – Full Vault Tour
While the tours are free, there is an admission determined by suggested donation. These important donations allow the Petersen Museum’s staff to maintain the collection and provide digital programs.
To learn more about the digital tours, please visit www.petersen.org/vault-purchase.