Ultra-Fast EV Charging Stations Coming to LA Westfield Shopping Centers
Published on Wed, Nov 18, 2020
By: The LACar Editorial Staff
Electrify America announces plans to install ultra-fast electric vehicle charging stations at Westfield Shopping Centers around the country, including LA.
Electrify America is the largest open ultra-fast charging network in the United States. The network has pushed an initiative to provide accessible EV charging stations across the country, and they’ve just announced a new plan.
By teaming up with Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield (URW), global commercial real estate developer and operator of Westfield shopping centers, Electrify America can further expand its reach. Public ultra-fast electric vehicle (EV) charging stations will be brought to 19 Westfield locations across seven U.S. states by the end of 2021.
This includes 6 Westfield Shopping Centers in Los Angeles alone.
Electrify America’s state-of-the-art charging technology will allow capable EVs to add up to 20 miles of range per minute.
The charging stations in Los Angeles will be located in:
Westfield Century City, Westfield Culver City, Westfield Fashion Square, Westfield Santa Anita, Westfield Topanga, and Westfield Valencia Town Center.
The charging stations across the rest of the country include:
- California at Westfield Valley Fair in Santa Clara; Westfield Galleria at Roseville in Sacramento; and Westfield Mission Valley, Westfield North County, Westfield Plaza Bonita and Westfield UTC in San Diego;
- Connecticut at Westfield Trumbull in Trumbull;
- Florida at Westfield Broward in Plantation;
- Illinois at Westfield Old Orchard in Skokie;
- Maryland at Westfield Montgomery in Bethesda and Westfield Wheaton in Wheaton;
- New Jersey at Westfield Garden State Plaza in Paramus; and
- New York at Westfield South Shore in Bay Shore.
The first of these charging stations is now open for public use at Westfield Century City in Los Angeles.
“Electrify America is excited to bring ultra-fast EV charging to Westfield shopping centers, which are known for providing their visitors with exceptional experiences,” said Anthony Lambkin, senior director of operations at Electrify America. “Our charging stations will further enhance the Westfield experience for EV drivers, as we offer a seamless way to charge their vehicles at unmatched speeds.”